Sacred Heart Catholic School:455 Pigeon Avenue, Williams Lake, BC V2G 4R5Phone: (250) 398-7770 Fax: (250) 398-7725
LINK TO THE NEW SCHOOL WEBSITE!
To deliver a high quality education aimed at excellence in academics, athletics, religion and music within the framework of the BC School Curriculum, the teachings of the Catholic Church and the resources available to us to ensure happy, well-rounded Children of God.
Sacred Heart Catholic School is an Elementary school and one of five Catholic Schools with the Kamloops Diocese. We are also a memeber of the Federation of Independent Schools Association and offer BC Curriculum with Religious Instruction common to all Diocesan Schools, as well as, Specialist Instructors in Fine Arts, Music, French, Physical Education and Learning Assistance, with a complete resourceful library equipped with computers and more. We have a similar calendar to School District 27, who also provides bus transportation for children.
We believe that each child is made in the image and likeness of God. We look for Christ in every child and his/her potential to be Christlike. We see the school, home, and the Church as an integral part of your child's education. We recognize parents as first teachers, and Church playing a supportive role in the total child development. It is our goal at Sacred Heart Catholic School, that parents and clergy be directly involved in education.
Tuition and Dress Code:
The Sacred Heart Catholic School has a monthly tuition and adheres to a dress code - for further information please contact the School
Sacred Heart Pre-School:Phone: 398-5852
The Sacred Heart Catholic School offers both Pre-School and Daycare
For more information please contact the phone number above.
Catholic Independent Schools Kamloops Diocese
205 Columbia Street, Kamloops, BC V2C 2S7
Phone: 250-372-5452 ext. 8 Fax: 250-372-5257
The central office of the Catholic Independent Schools of the Kamloops Diocese require candidates to fill a number of part-time positions for the 2015-2016 school year, from September 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016.
As a Catholic school system, Catholic teachings are integrated into all aspects of the day-to-day administration of the system, therefore candidates who actively practice their faith are highly valued.
To inquire about any of these positions, please contact the Superintendent of CISKD, Kelly Tries, at [email protected]
The deadline for all proposals/applications is Friday, August 21, 2015.
Part-Time Administrative Support Person
CISKD requires an administrative support person. This position is part-time, consisting of approximately ten (10) hours per week. Job responsibilities will include but not be limited to: filing, archiving of files and assisting the central bookkeeper of CISKD as needed with daily administrative duties. Experience with office administration and bookkeeping is greatly valued.
Part-Time Technology Support
CISKD requires a part-time technology support person for the central office and the schools of CISKD. This support person would be responsible for:
- maintenance of school and diocesan websites
- providing support for the Destiny-Follett library system for five schools
- providing support for the Moodle learning platform
The successful candidate would work remotely and from the offices of CISKD, with travel to the various schools as needed. The position is part-time, for approximately 14 hours per week.
District Library Support Person
CISKD requires a district library support person. This is a part-time position, consisting of approximately five (5) hours per week. Experience working with the Destiny/Follett library database program is required. The successful candidate would be responsible for assisting the schools of CISKD with the operation of their libraries and providing support for ongoing professional development for school library technicians. The successful candidate would work remotely and from the offices of CISKD.
Special Projects Coordinator
CISKD requires a special projects coordinator to assist the schools of CISKD with the following:
- Practice and training of staff with the Violence Threat Risk Assessment (VTRA) of ERASE bullying/Safe Schools together. The successful candidate would work with the school based teams to assist them in understanding and implementing VTRA effectively in their school communities.
- Assisting schools in developing connections with the local representatives of the RCMP, Fire and Ambulance as well as the Ministry for Child and Family Development, Child and Youth Mental Health, and Aboriginal Child and Family Services.
- Working with school principals to schedule drill practices with First Responders and debriefing with First Responders after drill practices.
- Assisting the school principals with communication to school families regarding the emergency procedures in place at their school.
- Assisting school principals in the coordination of a crisis management team to deal with crisis situations.
Qualifications for this position:
- Experience working in a school setting as a teacher and administrator
- The ability to collaborate with teachers, support staff, administrators,
students, families and representatives from outside agencies such as the
RCMP, MCFD, etc.
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education’s “Emergency Management
Planning Guide for Schools and School Districts” and Safe Schools
Together/ERASE bullying initiatives.
- Ability to use technology to communicate and coordinate meetings
- Ability to travel to the schools of CISKD at least twice a year to meet
with school staffs.
This is a part-time position, consisting of approximately five (5) hours per week from September 1, 2015, to June 30, 2016. Travel and accommodation expenditures will be included to a maximum amount for the year.